Post-op Instructions for LANAP
1. Do not be alarmed with any color changes or appearance of tissues following laser therapy.
2. Reduce activity for several hours following surgery.
3. It is OK to spit, rinse and wash your mouth today. Rinse as directed with Peridex or Periogard, morning and night.
4. Do not eat spicy or excessively hot foods.
5. It is very important to maintain a nutritious food and fluid intake. Try to eat only soft foods until you can return to a normal diet.
6. Try to keep your mouth as clean as possible in order to help the healing process. Brush, floss and follow other home care measures in all of the areas of your mouth except for the surgerized area.
7. Do not be alarmed if one of the following occurs:
A. Light bleeding
B. Slight swelling
C. Some soreness, tenderness or tooth sesitivity
D. Medicinal taste, from Peridex or Periogard
8. If you're a smoker, surgical packing will be placed to prevent smoke from irritating the sugerized tissue.
9. If medication has been prescribed, please take exactly as directed.